How to make a refund request?
Modified on: Wed, 7 Jun, 2023 at 10:46 AM
If you have a failed transaction, we will return the money that you have sent. However, you must request a refund first so we can process it further.
Here's how to make a refund request:
- Request your refund based on type of the refund request.
- Refund request (provided by system)
- Open Topremit app. On the Home menu, scroll until you see "Ongoing Activity" section or you can also go to Activity menu > Refund.
- Then choose transaction that you want to refund. You will be directed to the refund details which is in "Incomplete" status. Click "Continue" to continue the refund.
- Refund request (manual)
- Open Topremit app. On the Home menu, click "Request Refund".
- Fill in and/or check your refund details, which are:
- Refund reason
- Reference ID (if needed)
- Topremit bank account which is used as payment destination (if needed)
- Transaction date (if needed)
- Refund amount that matches the transaction amount (if needed)
- Upload your transfer receipt (optional) then click "Continue".
- Select your bank account to receive the refund. Make sure the selected bank account is the same as the one you used for payment.
- If everything is already correct, click "Yes, Request Refund".
- After your refund has been requested, it will be validated within 1 working day.
- We will send notification via app and email after the request is validated. You can also check your refund status by clicking "Track Refund".
For several reasons for a failed transaction, the transfer fees that have been charged aren't refunded. Here are the possible reasons why:
- Your recipient details such as name, account number, currency, etc are incorrect.
- Your recipient didn’t complete their e-wallet/account verification process within the specified time.
- Your recipient didn’t link their card (Alipay or UnionPay) within the specified time.
- Your recipient’s bank account is inactive, closed, or dormant.
- Your recipient didn’t claim the money for Cash Pickup service.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.