Your recipient needs to complete the following verification process if they have never received any money from Union Pay previously:
- Recipient will get a link for verification via email
- Click the link to do verification
- Fill in the details of the recipient's personal information
Required recipient information:
- Chinese name in Chinese characters.
- Chinese National ID Card Number (18 digits).
- ID Expiry Date.
- Occupation (select one from drop down list).
- Upload a photo of recipient's identity (Chinese National ID Card)
- Under applicable regulations in China, it is required for a first time recipient to provide the photo of recipient’s ID card for account registration.
- Upload both-sides of the Chinese National ID Card.
- Only JPG format is supported.
- Fill in the details of recipient's bank account
- China UnionPay Debit Card Number (16-19 digits, e.g. 62xx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx).
- Mobile number used to open the virtual bank account for receiving the funds.
- Enter the given SMS verification code you received or provide PIN code of your debit card.
- Enter the shown CAPTCHA.
- Make sure you tick the box agreeing with the bank's agreement.
Choose Supported Banks:
- 126 Banks are supported in China for recipients to receive money.
- Recipient can click the link highlighted on the right to see the full bank list.
Recipient will receive the money in minutes after your verification is complete.
- Recipient only needs to do the verification process once.
- If recipient doesn't verify their account until the transaction expires, the transaction will automatically be rejected and the money will be refunded.
- If recipient has not updated their expired ID card/bank card, then the transaction will be held by the bank and the money can not be refunded, transaction will be processed again when the ID card/bank card has been updated.