Your recipient needs to complete the following verification process if they have never received any money from Union Pay previously:
1. Recipient will get a link for verification through SMS
2. Click the link to do verification
3. Fill in the details of the recipient's personal information
Required recipient information:
• Chinese name in Chinese characters
• Chinese National ID Card Number (18 digits)
• ID Expiry Date
• Occupation (select one from drop down list)
4. Upload a photo of recipient's identity (Chinese National ID Card)
• Under applicable regulations in China, it is required for a first time recipient to provide the photo of recipient’s ID card for account registration
• Upload both-sides of the Chinese National ID Card
• Only JPG format is supported
5. Fill in the details of recipient's bank account
• China UnionPay Debit Card Number (16-19 digits, e.g. 62xx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx)
• Mobile number used to open the virtual bank account for receiving the funds
• Enter the given SMS verification code you received or provide PIN code of your debit card
• Enter the shown CAPTCHA
• Make sure you tick the box agreeing with the bank’s agreement
Choose Supported Banks:
• 126 Banks are supported in China for recipients to receive money
• Recipient can click the link highlighted on the right to see the full bank list
6. Verification is complete!
Recipient will receive the money in minutes after your verification is complete
*Recipient only needs to do the verification process only once.
*If recipient doesn't do verification in 72 hours, the transaction will be canceled and the money will be refunded.
*If recipient has not updated their expired ID card/bank card, then the transaction will be held by the bank and the money can not be refunded, transaction will be processed again when the ID card/bank card has been updated.